PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-3
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2023, 11:17
jumpseater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pug
Wondered when you’d show up.

2excel? No idea, last I heard they were hoping to move to Scampton. Perhaps the all knowing one would like to share more information?

Wizzair said in a recent LBA consultative committee meeting (and also a not so public one) that they are performing better since moving to LBA. You can of course make of that what you want, I’m not dictating just offering information that may or may not be rubbish.

Perhaps Virgin really did want to start a northern hub operation at DSA and they were priced out by Peel.

Same goes for freight with EMA being next door, or perhaps this is false information too and Peel turned away Fedex, UPS and the Royal Mail?

Occam’s razor applies.
2exel, of course they’re moving to that other closed ‘airport’ how very logical. And of course anyone who knows what their considered options they are negotiating are, is going to post commercially sensitive information on Pprune, that’s a given surely, it’s not Facebook after all!

So, you’re already backpedaling on saying Wizzair said they wouldn’t go back to DSA.

And you tell us they’ve made those statements in a meeting they don’t actually attend, they’re not even members of the CC, or appear represented at. I’d currently err towards the ‘rubbish’ end.

I think we can agree on Virgin’s northern hub, I don’t doubt discussion took place about operating from DSA, but the hub concept, nope.