PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-3
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2023, 10:31
pug

Received 95 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by jumpseater
So seeing as this isn’t Facebook, and you’re now the expert on DSA, with your almost daily posting with made up figures on DSA accounts deployment, where did Wizz say they wouldn’t return and when?

On the car park money elements, of the two stories yours is by far the least compelling. I’d like the know where the revenue for the sections they occasionally rented out on a commercial basis went to. Please tell us as you’re obvs the car park king.

As you’re obviously the most current on the airport, please tell us what’s happening with 2excel. I’m sure we’ll all be pleased to hear your ‘informed’ non Facebook answers.

I’m actually interested in your (factual) answers though, not wibble and froth cut and pasted from foamer filled forums like airports4us.

So, no obfuscation please, when and where did Wizz say they would not return?

Tell us some DSA facts about car park revenue, not your guesswork based on other airports not in the Peel portfolio.

And what are 2excel doing, are they still there?

As you yourself say, this isn’t Facebook, you don’t get away with obfuscation here.
Wondered when you’d show up.

Im not proclaiming to be a car parking expert, obviously you know where the black hole in the accounts is, care to share as I too am genuinely interested, as I posted earlier. I have t posted made up figures, I’ve posted assumptions and shared why I did so, if you think that’s wrong then perhaps point out why it’s wrong to use such a method. If it’s proven Peel have purposefully syphoned revenue off to a different entity then that does raise questions, but I’m not sure how you can argue with benchmark figures when it’s pretty well understood industry wide that car parking revenue on average contributes to around 35% of an airports total revenue. Of course you already know this.

2excel? No idea, last I heard they were hoping to move to Scampton, that was a while ago. Perhaps the all knowing one would like to share.

in a recent LBA consultative committee meeting,
(and also a not so public one) wizzair were said to have claimed that they are performing better since moving to LBA, and that they would not return to DSA in any scenario where it to reopen. You can of course make of that what you want, I’m not dictating just offering information that may or may not be rubbish.

With all that said, seems whenever routes have been offered by anyone other than TUI they haven’t stayed. Perhaps it’s a conspiracy? Perhaps Virgin really did want to start a northern hub operation at DSA and they were priced out by Peel. Or maybe demand didn’t meet expectations. Same goes for freight with EMA being next door, or perhaps this is false information too and Peel turned away Fedex, UPS and the Royal Mail? What is your take on that?

Occam’s razor applies.

Last edited by pug; 30th Jul 2023 at 15:43.