PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 30th Jul 2023, 07:33
Squawk7700

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Balloon
I must have missed the bit of the CASA FOI Duty Statement that includes bodyguarding and bouncing duties in the foyer of a multi-tenant office building.

Two people on one, and the two people came to the one in the foyer of a multi-tenant office building during business hours. Until the two arrived, the one was a threat to nobody, so far as I can tell. And there were multiple witnesses and a security camera.

The simplest and most obvious reason why the one was not prosecuted for assault is: The one assaulted nobody. A self-appointed bodyguard/bouncer tried to intimate the one, but the tactic failed.

And I very much doubt whether CASA has the authority to decide who is allowed and not allowed in the foyer of a multi-tenant office building during business hours. That would probably the decision of the building owner, not individual tenants.
Once the security guard asks for the “visitor” to leave, if the refuse to leave, they are officially trespassing, especially if one did not have an appointment to be there. It wouldn’t quite stand up with the constabulary if you then said I’m here to visit Medibank or whoever else is the tenant.

The security personnel belong to the building, so they have the legal right to ask you to leave.