Just Plane Mad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone suggested this be posted from a email group:

No AOC
No Operating Licence
No Aircraft on G-reg
No DFT application to change bi lateral / air services agreement with US
No application for Part 129 US approval to operate
No application to sell tickets in the USA (Long 12-18 month process)
Money comes from Middle East into holiday swap, then into global. Global have to be 50.1% UK owned under new Brexit rules.

Will the US Dept for Transport and the UK DFT grant 'Global' a route licence /ASA on one of the worlds busiest air route which you could almost say is like a trade agreement, to a company whose funds (so far, unless they find UK money) have come from a Middle East family….I think not!

I am afraid the list of challenges for Global, although some may sound trivial are actually real challenges.

Whilst the UK has line capable MRO support, it has no base maintenance? Even BA sub theirs to Lufthansa Technik for big checks. Something goes pop and it can’t be fixed on the line, will they have to ferry to an MRO in Europe as doubt BA will help them with a Hangar. I am unsure of an A380 hangar in the UK apart from BA ? The line provider like will not have certain approvals for items I can suspect can only by done by the base provider?

Are they really going to take VS and BA’s corporates away from them. All those with Avios, card holders, all off to Global, no chance. In house travel agents at corporate’s risking a move to Global - no way! BA and VS will make them well aware, you move away, don’t expect the same corporate deals when you return!

No interlines or alliances for when it goes tits up in JFK or LGW. 600 euro a pop of EU261 and hotels as they can’t re route on an alliance carrier. To be frank, who is going to partner with them. They will have to be IOSA certified for an alliance - minimum 6 months and only really achievable when operating. You can go for IOSA from the start, but much more difficult.

No independent operator of A380. Even HIFLY couldn’t cope with it and handed it back.

BA are the only airline with a set of CAA compliant manuals for the A380 which would be acceptable. The work on the following manuals to satisfy the CAA to award an AOC will be a few months work in itself before even an application, surely! (Can't see this has been done already)

o Operations Manual Part A - General

o Operations Manual Part B - Aircraft Specific

o Operations Manual Part C - Routes & Aerodromes

o Operations Manual Part D - Training

o Operations Manual Part E - Cabin Safety

o Ground Operations Manual

o Compliance Manual

o Safety Management System Manual

o Compliance Monitoring Manual

o Security Manual

o Emergency Response Plan

o Continuing Airworthiness Management Exposition

o Maintenance Organisation Exposition (If own Part-145)

The only positive i can see is no ETOPS certification - thats about it ;-)

The last time a start up commenced from nothing in the UK and went long-haul was VS. Every UK carrier post this has started from another previous platform I.E Silverjet - Flyjet, Globespan - Cougar etc…

The Capital adequacy test / financial fitness test set by the UK CAA will set at a bar for the OL at a such a high number, they will make it impossible for it to happen as they know they will be picking up the pieces in 6-12 months time!