PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Roadshow HONG KONG March.
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2023, 06:57
corporal klinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pickuptruck
This is utter BS, an equivalent apartment for what you get in DXB even for an F/O in HKG would be at least $80K, figure $120-140 for an equivalent villa in HKG. There are plenty of guys putting a ton of money into accommodation costs to have a normal life, now that the housing allowance has been cut by 70%. Take that out of your pay-packet and there's no way it's a paycut to join EK from CN3. It's local conditions in CX now, so it will never again compare to an expat gig anywhere.
On the other hand, if you want to live on Lamma Island in 300 sq ft and dine forever on fish soup, HKG is real cheap.
As for days off, CX is now rostering some of your 8 G days down route so you could be working all month and never get more than 12 hrs at home.
You are wrong. Joining EK would indeed cut my pay in half, probably more since I had to start in the right seat again. I own my flat (bigger than 300 sqfeet), I regularly get productivity pay, never had less than 10 off days, usually more, and never a G day enroute. Ever.This is the truth. How about an apology?

Last edited by corporal klinger; 28th Jul 2023 at 10:05.