PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 27th Jul 2023, 21:29
glenb

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts
My update on stalking and assault

Another tight deadline> i have to head off to work but wanted to get this out before the day kicks off. Apologies for any substandard editing. Cheers. Glen.Back at the 24-hour Pancake Parlor enjoying a less than optimal coffee. Definitely a pancake venue, and not a coffee venue.

Regarding the incident in the Melbourne Office where a CASA Flight Operations Inspector (FOI) was allegedly “assaulted,” when he was “shoved” by me.

Please be assured that no CASA Employee was ever shoved by me. This did not happen.

This document has been downloaded over 100 times, so obviously this has generated some interest, and I feel I need to attend to it again.

If I had been yelling, screaming, and shoved the CASA Employee, I appreciate that would be irrational behaviour.

Between October 2018 until June 2019, CASA had crippled the business, and I knew about by now that I had lost everything, including $300,000 of my parents money which was used to sustain salaries and avoid redundancies.

I had secured ongoing employment with APTA until CASA advised that my Employer that my continuing employment was no longer tenable, based on comments that I made on Pprune, and based on a letter I wrote to the PMs Office.

I was in a bad way, as it was obvious that with that direction by CASA, I was about to totally exit the industry, as I did. CASA had approached my Employer directly, and not advised me of their decision. I had made multiple attempts to have that Employee speak with me on the phone and he avoided that, and I advised that I would come into the CASA Office seeking that explanation that I felt I was entitled to.

Some points to consider.

· By now this matter had been continuing for 8 months, and it would “suit’ CASA to have possibly overreacted to assist their “agenda”. It is likely that CASA realised that I had presented them with an opportunity, and they made the most of it.

· This entire incident happened in a large corporate building foyer with a number of high-profile tenants. There is very tight security, and several security guards were less than 15 metres away at their security desk, well within earshot and clear line of sight. Had I have been “screaming” and “yelling “in what is a very quiet foyer area, then the security personnel would have intervened, looked across, approached us, or at least taken some action. They were obviously completely unaware until CASA approached them after the incident. There was most likely emotion involved, but there was no “screaming” or “yelling”.

· This entire incident happened directly under a security camera that was approximately 3 metres above us. Had I have stalked or assaulted anybody, with all of the other security protocols that were being enacted by CASA , one would have thought that obtaining video footage would have been high on the list of priorities to bolster CASAs case, or an independent witness statement from security, at the very least. The correspondence suggests that the video footage was considered, and I suggest that it indicated that in fact no CASA Employee was “shoved”, and that’s why it never went any further, and no footage was obtained.

· I myself tried to obtain that footage and spoke to the Building security Manager. While he would not address that specific occurrence, he assured me that are was exceptionally well recorded, but understandably not available to me without extensive processes

· Regarding the incident in the foyer.

If you refer to the email dated 6th February titled, “below is a summary of events today

There were two FOIs present, one of whom I had known for 20 years, and the other one who I did not immediately recognise.

The lesser-known FOI states “I advised that I would not be leaving, Mr Buckley then approached me and shoved me in the chest.”

This part of the statement is completely false.

What truthfully happened. I had “asked”, not “directed”, that he let me, and the other FOI talk alone, which I would have been very comfortable with, and that would have deescalated the situation immediately. Nevertheless, the lesser-known FOI chose not to step back, and that is where he claims that I “shoved” him.

Importantly, if you go to the “file note 6th February” it states “and went to push with an open hand- I immediately warned Mr Buckley that he could not physically touch a Government Official in such a way. He backed off….”

So the question is which of those CASA Officers statement is truthful. Did I “shove” the Flight Operations Inspector, as the other FOI indicates that in fact I did not “shove” anyone.

The difference is significant. As stated, my best recollection of the events is that I used a technique that I have used throughout my life and regularly in the violent environment of Youth Justice. I believe in such a situation I would have adopted that same tactic if someone was too close or encroaching on my personal space. I would use three fingers placed very gently against the chest, to indicate that is the limit. If the person makes a decision to stay in spot or reposition rearwards that is the preferred option, but if you make the decision to step forward, then the nature of the situation is changing.

The conversation withy the police was withy regards to the matter of “trespass”, and it appears that the CASA staff at this stage have not raised either stalking or assault with the police.

On page 13 of the document, they discuss the assault, and encourage the victim to make a police complaint. If he had been assaulted, and his Employer CASA was encouraging him to make that complaint, and he chose not to. Why would that be? If you had been assaulted in the workplace, and your Employer was encouraging you to have it documented with the police, why would you not proceed. Could it be that he knew he had provided false and misleading information, and that by escalating the process, he knew that the other CASA Employee may not be prepared to be complicit in the matter. I only speculate, but it is highly suspicious that no complaint was ever made to the police, and the entire matter ground to a complete halt at the stage of making a statement to police.

Page 18. If you see Mr Buckley, immediately call 000. Honestly. This is ludicrous, and so far out of proportion.

Wow, I just re read my text messages from all those years ago. Bought back memories. There was no doubt that I was in a bad place, and very much on the edge. Nevertheless, please be absolutely certain that I never assaulted anybody. The statement by that CASA Employee is a completely false and misleading statement, as CASA are by now fully aware