PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 27th Jul 2023, 14:00
rudestuff

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by mystify2431
Thanks. Well that's encouraging to hear that I probably have some of those costs wrong then. I was taking quotes that I'd seen for those respective packages but hadn't figured that a per-hour rate would probably be better. For the hour-building, I can't find anything that much cheaper in my area though, but I'll hopefully be able to take a chunk off in a package somewhere sunnier.
Where are you based?
The easiest option if you're working full time is a two week package holiday to Florida and fly 50 hours. Do that twice and you've covered your hour building. The IRR is a bit on the high side, you should be able to get it for £3000. The simplest option for CBIR is 40 hours and is essentially the same course but longer, so expect it to cost £8000, but you wouldn't need the IRR in that case. Or you can choose to do the 15 hours IRR then 10 hours by yourself, then finish with another 15 hours instruction to upgrade from IRR to IR. That should be slightly cheaper at £6000 plus the extra 10 hours.
The MEP is 6 hours. The SEIR to MEIR is 5 hours (3 of which can be SIM) so it should cost less than the MEP but budget about the same and you'll be covered.
After PPL and Night (50 hours) your aircraft hire should be:
IRR>CBIR 40 hours, £7500
MEP 6 hours, £3000-3500
MEIR 5 hours, £2500-3000
CPL 15 hours, £4500
Hour Building 84 hours, £8400
Total: 150 hours, £25900-26900. Based on normal UK prices. Plus of course all the incidentals you mentioned like tests, exams, licence and landing fees etc, but still definitely a reasonable figure.