PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet MPL Program- what can I expect?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2023, 18:28
Yrgwyn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeKilo2
Careful here, this isn’t accurate. Perhaps this is what the ATOs are telling people what they want them to hear.

Every cadet received a letter revoking their conditional offer of employment during the pandemic, with no option of an employment hold pool. The airline did later create a hold pool but that was several months later, at which point many candidates had already faced difficulties in transferring license away from the MPL. A quick search online will show you the staggering costs one ATO charged their MPL students to transfer to an ATPL, the other ATO wasn’t too far behind either.

Many students who left to transfer to an ATPL at other integrated ATOs for no additional cost (as it should be) were not re-offered employment by the airline and are now employed elsewhere. The whole situation was badly handled by all parties.

In good times the MPL works, but please keep in mind the employment offer is absolutely conditional and nothing more.
I wonder if apart from those cadets affected by COVID, other MPL cadets were denied employment at the end. That’s my biggest fear… because there are limited possibilities to join other airlines with the MPL.