PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet MPL Program- what can I expect?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2023, 08:32
AriPerriProw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yrgwyn
Sorry to bother you, tried contacting you via private message but the forum didn’t let me- I was wondering if you could answer some questions I have regarding the EasyJet MPL from a student perspective since the CAE career advisers will obviously talk about the reasons to join rather than telling me the unbiased reality…
I was wondering if the employment with EasyJet is 100% assured if you successfully finish the course, since being left without a job and an MPL license would be risky. Also, was the assessment difficult?

Best regards!
Hi - yeah I think as I'm new I haven't earned my private message privileges yet
Very confident it's assured, part of confirming your place on the course after passing the stage 3 assessment contains a "Conditional Offer of Employment" from easyJet, basically conditional on you passing the course.
Good support from ezy's student team throughout.

There's always some risk I suppose - from what I hear the MPL students during covid were treated well given the situation and are all now employed by ezy, so it's not of huge concern of mine.
Good post on the forum about it (won't let me link as I'm new), but to summarise another point.
"MPL restrictions: seems to be a bit of a myth these days that you'd be tied to a single airline until 1500hours. A few posters on pprune say they moved employers well under 1500 hours. And, for example, the Virgin second officer vacancy suggests they'll accept someone with an MPL and 200 hours in the last 12 months. The latter won't help if you get dropped by EZY before TR but is an example that you're not tied to a single employer for that long."

Selection is in three stages (all online on teams!) - well explained on the CAE website

From my experience (and timelines)
Stage 1 - Basically a document check, no worries if you follow the instructions and upload the right ones
Received my invite for stage 2 the day after applying.
Lots of booking slots to choose a date for stage 2, booked mine for 5 days after getting the invite.

Stage 2 - Computer based ADAPT test - Mental maths, multitasking.
I brought the ADAPT example package which I'd recommend, only downside is that the physics test for example only has 1 set of questions, still good nonetheless as the question format is exactly the same as the examples (not the same questions though)
You'll need a webcam for this as they watch you and your screen while doing it.
Lots of prep material provided, formula sheets etc (you get the formulas during the actual test too)
Nothing too hard, had friends not pass as they ran out of time while answering the questions so brush up on your maths!

Stage 3 - Group exercise / 1 on 1 interview
Received my invite for this 2 days after passing stage 2, hardest bit to start with was booking a date for it using Eventbrite as they were all booked up!
Kept refreshing a few times a day and after 6 days I booked one that was just 2 weeks after my stage 3 invite.
They host a prep session you can book onto a few days before which was really good, again lots of prep material provided by CAE.

They'll want a copy of your CV at least a few days before your stage 3, so your interviewer can look through it.

On the day we started at 8:30GMT, starting with presentation and group exercise, lots of info about working at ezy.
For the group exercise, we had a group of 4, tasked with solving a problem with a limited time frame. If you have some ability to work with people you'll be fine.
Can be a bit hard not to "step on" others while talking on teams but the assessors (who were very lovely) are well aware of this and we got quite good at working round it.

Interviews are after this, you'll be given a time and aren't expected to wait around, mine was later in the afternoon.
1 on 1 with again a really nice SFO at ezy, the prep guide tells you lots about what to expect and plan for.
Basically -
- Why you want to work for easyjet, company info, current issues affecting the industry etc
- Then it's about your motivation for being a pilot and why you have the competencies (big buzzword) to do the task

In your prep, have a good think and make some notes on examples you could use from existing jobs, clubs etc..
Got on really well with the interviewer as weirdly enough he liked planes too, ended up going on for just under 2 hours, think they said it's normally around an hour and a half.
Really chill interview, just like having a chat about work.

Normally you'd get results the next day but it was a bank holiday weekend so it took 5 days for them to tell me I'd passed.
Then they'll send a list of courses and the rest of the paperwork!

Hope that helps!