PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2023, 18:28
Navpi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
Do ICAO undertake checks or provide policy/standards that they expect members to follow?

And on a seperate point, why the excitement over where Visit England are to be based, and whats the relevance to the Manchester Airport thread? Surely anywhere outside London is an improvement!
Well i would say it's highly relevant personally, lets not kid ourselves this has more to do with a commute than a relocation !

It has nothing to do with regional stakeholders be they individuals or groups, such as tourism professionals, public authorities, the press and other media who can actually influence the tourism industry and activities at a particular tourist destination.....

....it has everything to do with civil servants being able to stay living in London and being able to commute to Birmingham on a daily basis. That is why a number of other government departments have chosen Birmingham.
The heads and senior managers simply commute.

In effect it's paying lip service. It matters as far as Visit England is concerned as this was an ideal opportunity to change the narrative, personnel actually based in the regions are more likely to promote those regions.

Its crucial, as the impact could be dramatic, was Manchester or indeed Liverpool or Leeds included in this bid process?
i would happily support a relocation to any of those cities.

As Manchester Airport is the gateway airport for a significant number of these tourist hotspots alongside Liverpool Airport and Leeds and is at the epi centre of the largest tourist offering outside London i would have thought an office in a Northern England city was far more appropriate ( and cheaper).

Inbound tourism effects airports so its highly relevant to Manchester Airport given its intercontinental network.