PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA Personal Accident Policy
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2004, 22:46
aiglon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AOPA

BEagle,

to make comments about specific individuals which could reasonably be construed by those individuals or others as being derogatory or defamatory is wholly unacceptable on a public forum and is bordering on the libellous....
I didn't make any comments, I left that bit blank - you simply filled in the blanks in your mind

There's a lot of behind the scenes work which AOPA does (mainly digging their members out of their own poo!) which receives little public notice or comment.
OK, so why don't they talk about it more openly. I have tried explaining in the past that if AOPA wants to attract members, not only do they need to act on their behalf but they need to be seen to do so.

Mike,

there are unfortunately always many more people who will tell you how you should be doing it than those who will actually get off their backsides and do something
I have been a member of AOPA for many years and have tried to engage "them" on issues which I feel are important to GA pilots (based upon, of course, my own views but also those of fellow pilots I talk to). Needless to say, I have found them to be uninterested in "mundane" issues.

I am no longer prepared to be a member of an organisation that will not engage in dialogue and at least attempt to tackle issues which are important to me (and, as I said above, others). I think this is a very sad state because GA needs a strong voice representing it and I am more than willing to be a part of that. However, I am no longer convinced that AOPA UK, as it currently operates, can provide that voice.

Aiglon