PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2023, 14:22
pug

Received 113 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts
That was exactly the point I was making at the outset.

Package tours are one thing; passengers travelling independently are another. If Jet2 is an airline, then passengers who have booked independently should still not be having their flying summarily canned. I do appreciate that possibly, it may not be possible to differentiate between the ticket held by an IT passenger and an independent passenger, but surely for revenue allocation purposes there must be a different series of ticket numbers for IT and independently booked passengers, at least on a flight that was open to be booked on Jet2.com as opposed to Jet2 Holidays.

Stopping all travel to Rhodes (or anywhere else for that matter) appears lazy, and unnecessarily impacts those with reasons other than a package holiday for flying to the island; unless of course the Greek government has banned inbound passengers, or the UK Foreign Office advises against all travel to the area, neither of which is the case yet.
Or, as I said in my previous post, there weren’t any passengers who had booked seat only at all. It is possible these days that the people booked on the flights were all on package holidays.

It may well be that if there were seat only passengers booked then they would be given travel, it’s not unheard of, especially at the start of a season, to only have one or two passengers on the empty return leg.

Jet2Holidays tend to have hotels contracts and do not own outright. The ones on booking.com may not be Jet2 contracted accommodation providers. I also expect that many of the people affected may not really want to hang around in Rhodes after what has happened.

Let’s face it, one thing they are not doing is leaving passengers stranded. I understand they have deployed more people to the island to help too.