PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2023, 17:10
OzzyOzBorn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HOVIS
May I ask, do you or have you, ever worked for MI5 the CIA or any one of a number of security organisations that have access to intelligence and on going security threats that the average man in the street will have zero knowledge of?
If the answer, as I suspect, is no, then you really are talking from a point of complete ignorance. Just like the rest of us.
I don't need to have worked for a security agency. Intelligence from MI5, the CIA and the like must be taken seriously to prevent bad actors from boarding a flight at their point of initial departure. We know this. Once they're aboard the aircraft it is too late.

The concerns you highlight are the ones which justify robust security checks at the airport of initial boarding. Security is of vital importance - I'm not downplaying that and never will - but it must be applied at the departure airport. Duplication of those checks at an interim stopover which those passengers have already flown their first sector aboard to reach are redundant and superfluous.