PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-4
Thread: Stansted-4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2023, 10:39
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pamann
Also the terminal layout before security was relocated, those extra check-in zones were rarely used and were often empty like a ghost town. Even less now I’d say (if changes hadn’t been made) with more of Stansted’s customers using hand luggage only. But the shore-line check-in area will be well received once finished. The old check-in areas do feel dated and cramped as they’re no longer the ‘island style’ of Sir Norman Foster’s design.
I'm surprised you say that, because I remember seeing zones J&K being frequently used by FR prior to being knocked down? Their check in zones always seemed to be busy (more so now anyway!). I do remember reading in the STN press release notes that MAG had identified less pax using check in just prior to the terminal redevelopment, but it now feels as though the check in area is too small and more people are using it during peak times. I agree with you RE. the shoreline check in though, zone 500 definitely stands out as looking smart and modern compared to zones A-F. Is there a timeline for when it will be fully completed?