PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enjoy your flight...Mister bin Laden
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2004, 19:47
Memetic
Supercalifragilistic
expialidocious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I first read this I was thinking big deal. He did not actually get anything he should not into the secure area, so although this should never happen it should not be a major worry.

Then I started thinking it through.

Terrorism is about fear not about body count.

This sort of access could simplify the placing of fake devices which could bring airports to a stop. Obvioulsy if planting a fake device you would want no trace, not even a stolen credit card number or record of internet access from booking a low cost ticket. Hence the possible desirability of taking this approach and the need to stop it.

No need to take anything in. Enter, shop for duty free electricals, visit toilets. Leave your partially disassembeld purchase behind. Exit airport. Wait for the news reports.

Well at least in Europe.

Having seen a TSA inspector leave his bag on the counter by the sink when he went into the toilet at Orlando left me wondering if there is any hope at all! I came within an ace of saying something to him but wanted to be able to leave the country that day!!! I did stay paranoid enough to check the bag left with him though.