PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-3
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2023, 08:26
pug

Received 99 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by G-FORZ
So let’s suppose the Car Park revenue and all site Ground Rent (Aviation & Commercial) have been posted to Peel Property leaving literally Airfield / Terminal Ops to be posted to DSA Ltd, would you see things in a different light?
I would agree then that they haven’t explored all avenues to ensure the airport is able to cover its costs yes, but I still find it inconceivable that car parking was not a direct revenue source as highlighted in the DSAL accounts. You do not make much from people buying a pint and a paper. I still would like to know how you calculated your estimated car parking revenue in your previous post.

As an example, car parking revenue at MAN in 2019 equated to around £5.00 per passenger. Should you apply that same principle to DSA for the FY22 that would equate to around £2.4million, my estimate for £5millon based on 50% of passengers paying £50.00 to park for a week was the most optimistic assumption. That still left over £2million for other revenue streams. Revenue from ground rent for the aviation business that was on site wouldn’t have been huge.

We already know the airlines weren’t paying much to operate from there and that they were in receipt of subsidy. We also know that DSAL spent a lot of money on advertising, including the naming rights to the Sheffield arena and TV advertising which is pretty much unheard of for an airport in this region.

So on balance if you still want to believe it was designed to fail then that is your choice, but I would question your judgement.

Last edited by pug; 21st Jul 2023 at 08:43.