PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2023, 07:11
YSOSERIOUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, just move to canada if it's so ****ty here. no need to stay and being paranoid about mainlanders ruining this place. good luck.

If you are talking about lowering the bar in ICAO, for a native speaker to get 3, that means they have no f idea what is aviation all about. It's not the assessor's job to help you prepare.

And for someone to get 5 ICAO with a IELTS lower than 5, just maybe, their listening and speaking are 7, then writing and speaking are 3. Since ICAO is only about speaking and listening, then the score would be higher. And maybe they got that IELTS test years ago.

Me personally got a 5 in ICAO and only 104 in TOEFL 6 years ago. But I got perfect score in TOEFL for listening and speaking, and lower score for reading and writing.

I don't think the bar is lowered in any way to accommadate anyone. Some of my friends who have deep aviation background still got a 3 in ICAO.

And about the "fact" that they changed the cut-e test, isn't that test for every single new joiner? not just for mainland cadidates right? And I believe they didn't add Chinese translation in there right?

You are just refusing to admit that there are talented people from mainland, period.

PS, CPCadetWannabe, what I said about bilingual was not talking about HKers like you, it was just about some trash-talking haters.