PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eco-activists coat private jet with yellow spray in Ibiza
Old 19th Jul 2023, 03:58
MechEngr

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by HOVIS
Yay, so all the aircraft are grounded, military too. Global CO2 is reduced by a massive 3%!!!!

Thank the gods, we are all saved.

Give me strength!
The first bans on smoking in the USA were small - made nearly no difference to the amount of tobacco sales. But once people again realized what theaters and restaurants were like before smoking - that the smell and irritation weren't part of the experience anymore, that started the ball rolling faster and faster. The company I worked with allowed smoking at desks and in offices. This changed to having an outdoor area. Since then some have banned smoking anywhere on the company property.

If something that is adverse to society is exposed in a way that people who had merely accepted it start to consider what the actual costs are even 3% is a lot.
---
I know it would suck for me to spend 0.0004% of my income to have some paint cleaned from my airplane. There is probably insurance coverage for vandalism of that magnitude.
---
I doubt any of us will live to see how bad it gets - how the wars will start between nuclear weapon bearing nations over shifts in water and arable land. What will be the first year a billion people die of thirst, heat, or starvation, or drowning as the shift in rainfall produces short term massive flooding in areas of previously infrequent rainfall - numbers so great the bodies are left on the open ground or choking rivers as the rest flee for survival. Against that ever more likely scenario a splash of paint and a little glue seems a trifling matter.

There's the punchline to a joke that could be repurposed - "If you say so Sir, but this is a lighthouse."