PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2023, 06:03
Kylie walker

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cLeArIcE
The simply fact is a crew member asked a passenger (rightly or wrongly) to do something. That passenger did not comply. Therefore that passenger was asked to leave the aircraft. As they also did not comply with that instruction, the AFP was called. What happened after that is nothing to do with the crew. But I will say this...

For those who blame the CSM have you considered the following?
1. What if 15 pax want you swap seats is that okay? How many is okay? 1? 3? 12?
2. What level Of non compliance from pax is acceptable?
3. When the aircraft is delayed and a report is required from the CSM , Is Jetstar going to support her decision to provide good customer service instead of following the ops manual?
3. Was she ever provided any sort of customer service training?
4. The fact she works for one of the worst companies in Australia in terms of care, respect and support for it's staff? What is the likely hood of being on the wrong side of Jetstar's punitive culture? I'd say its very high.
5. Many of Jetstar's regular "clientele" can be difficult, misbehaving and feral. Maybe she just reached her limit?

I think this incident is just a result of a poor customer service at the airport mixed with a frustrated and tierd crew, sick of feral pax and continually being beaten down by a horrible management and punitive culture resulting in a zero care factor. Mix that with a couple of keen AFPs with their fingers on the trigger and you get this incident.
If one of my crew are having a problem with a pax I'm not going into the cabin to show them my superiority. I'll listen and if they feel they can't get the passenger to be compliment or they are uncomfortable then the pax is getting off. End of discussion. I trust my crew. Exactly the same as they trust me to do my job.
Jet star treating you like **** is not a reason for ignoring my crews instructions. After all the only people JQ treat worse than their pax is their employees! We all know how ****** jetstar is. It's not an excuse to be a prick.
The guy who asked to change seats is why she insisted he move back to his seat. You perfectly summarised this incident. Sudanese culture is well known for disrespecting women with authority and I think THAT is the real reason one man was tasered and the other was not.

Swearing at cabin crew (or anyone) is considered verbal assault and is a criminal offence in Victoria.

It’s a fact pax who don’t comply with instructions from crew put other pax lives in danger in an emergency evacuation. If he refuses to follow her instructions in a calm situation, I imaging he will be even less inclined, in a smoke filled cabin during an emergency.