PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wondering What To Do Next (Finished ATPLs)
Old 17th Jul 2023, 13:31
hobbit1983
Professional Student

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AlwaysWondering
Obviously I was incredibly proud of this achievement. However, I still had so many niggles in my mind. Am I suitable to be a pilot? Over 30 hours to solo isn't at all normal I know. Plus being over 30 means I feel I've missed the mark somehow. I just renewed my class one medical as that isn't an issue.
You're not too old at over 30, although you will have less time left overall to recoup your investment. Don't worry about taking that many hours to solo; no one worries or cares. I'd guess (without knowing more) it might not have been your fault anyway.
Originally Posted by AlwaysWondering
Basically, my main question is asking for advice what do next. I have saved enough cash for the CPL-IR. Should I go for it? Is there anywhere I can test out my skills to see if I am good enough? My mind is spinning with this decision. Plus, September 2024 might seem a LONG time away, but I know that it isn't really.
If you really want to go for, go for it. It's a big chunk of investment in a volatile industry though. I wouldn't worry about your skills, by the sounds of it. Besides, if there are any issues, you'll probably know a fair while into the CPL anyhow.