PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wondering What To Do Next (Finished ATPLs)
Old 16th Jul 2023, 23:24
04jharrison

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by paco
There are some who think that you shouldn't go solo for 20-odd hours anyway That aside, I would probably try to find a sensible flight school who won't spin you any BS and take a couple of trips. In that respect, Euro Flight Training would be a good place to start (talk to Ellie O'Toole), but I'm sure there are others. You would have to visit them to see if you like them.

Good luck

Phil

With respect to the topic, following covid, the collapse of Flybe and Brexit... it's very easy to question whether it's worth it anymore. One thing for sure is the airlines aren't doing low-hour, especially modular students any favours. There's currently plenty of openings, but they are purposefully shutting out low hour pilots in favour of poaching from the likes of Wizz and Ryan, they generally do this buy requiring the 500 hours. I have hope this will change, it is becoming more apparent every day, especially with the likes of BA's recent recruitment announcement that the shortage may actually finally be here... with some luck this winter the airlines will really start to feel it and will ramp up new hires and type ratings accordingly... I just hope not too many pay the 30k to Ryan before that happens / if that happens. But irregardless you've come so far, don't give up at the final hurdle, do the CPL-IR, you're on route for an EASA licence being at AUSTRO so I would say, don't waste your money, go to Poland, somewhere like Bartolini or Smart in Poznan and enjoy it, get good value for money and save the time with the weather. Then come back do the APS MCC at somewhere like VA... don't do a traditional MCC they're becoming useless.

Goodluck! Just think a few years time you could be in the right hand seat over the Atlantic!

Phil,
Apologies, completely off topic, is this the same Ellie O'Toole who has instructed at FTE Jerez, I'm looking to revalidate soon and would be nice to get some DA42 Sim time with a friendly face?

Thanks,
James.