PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eco-activists coat private jet with yellow spray in Ibiza
Old 16th Jul 2023, 18:23
M4rtyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HOVIS
My plan. Target those industries that will make a real difference. Halving the CO2 produced by heavy industry and surface transport WILL make a difference. The complete destruction of the aviation industry will do nothing. Stopping business jets from flying will do nothing.
Priorities.
In a way its quite similar to the Green lobby here in Scotland, who are pushing for the Govt to turn off the taps in the North Sea. What is the point in Scotland turning off its own taps whilst the US, Russia, China and Saudi just keep bashing on with it? Totally pointless.

And I'm not some climate denying lunatic. I'm all for a just transtion to renewable energies (something Scotland luckily has an abundance of), but "just transition" means waiting until investment in renewable jobs and infrastructure has reached the required levels AND the major oil producing nations are on board. Once they have signed on the dotted line - I'll be all for it. Until then ...