PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eco-activists coat private jet with yellow spray in Ibiza
Old 16th Jul 2023, 08:33
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
corporal klinger
I can't help but to agree with the protesters, I think they have a point.
We should not justify violence when it is based on good intentions. Those guys indeed have a point , but it does not justify what they did.
By tolerated such actions, we encourage more violence and I fear all this is not going to end well..

Now that said, taking your "point' a bit further, discussing this with my 21 years old daughter yesterday while watching the news (extreme and record high temperatures all over the world, , etc..) we all have to start doing something. Justifying excesses on the name of economical growth and jobs preservation does not work anymore on this young generation. On the German Citation , it appears the owner is a German national living in Germany , who registered the aircraft in Austria for taxes reasons , flew from Momchengladbach to Sylt ( 400 NM ) using fuel which is not taxed. All perfectly legal . But defending this right while "normal people" are urged by the Governement not to use their private cars and use public transport, and cannot enter the center of their own cities because they have an older diesel car , is becoming a very difficult exercise..