PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-4
Thread: Edinburgh-4
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2023, 07:00
tartan 201

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flightrider
I agree. It will be interesting. I suspect two routes from the above list won't be here next summer, but we'll simply have to wait and see.
So therefore, you tough it out until you have the opportunity to exit, perhaps when an initial support package of funding to support a new route either expires completely or becomes less attractive.
Two routes on that list, neither of which are doing well - loadfactor is not an automatic sign of a successful route although generally it is a reasonable indicator.

I think you may find that external support for those routes is a key reason for them remaining in place for now.
Of all the US routes listed, I would guess that only ATL, BOS and MCO are still receiving initial external support (BOS started in 2019 but didn't operate in 2020 and 2021). ATL would seem to be performing ok given they increased the frequency prior to launch. BOS operated five-weekly in S22 and they increased the frequency to daily this summer and extended the period of operation to the end of the summer season (finished in September last year).

Last edited by tartan 201; 16th Jul 2023 at 12:10.