PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2023, 04:56
Kylie walker

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Newborn infants seating arrangements

Originally Posted by Traffic_Is_Er_Was
Yea, so important they make absolutely no effort at all to make sure that passengers are sitting in their assigned seats before takeoff or landing. They don't even really know who is on their flight. I've accidently scanned my wife's boarding pass, and she's used mine, and the gate attendant and FA at the door have not even noticed which we are presenting. We could have sat anywhere as well, so long as the seat we chose was vacant and no one else turned up looking for that seat. The FA's would not have had a clue, AND DON"T have a clue who is sitting where.

Provide an example of where JQ provide notice to any passengers of the requirement to sit in the seat noted on their Boarding Pass. Provide a reason that the two passengers in this case swapping seats in any way compromised the safety of this flight. This was nothing to do with safety.

Fixed that for you. It's obviously not common sense.

Bingo. Root cause in one.

I got this from aviation website:
Captain David Morgan

Think of it like a balance point; if the centre of gravity (COG) is too far forward or too far backward, the aircraft can become unstable, difficult to control or demand more fuel than necessary.

“We want the centre of gravity, if we can, towards the back of the aircraft because the aeroplanes produce less drag if it’s there,” Captain Morgan explained.

So, how do airlines ensure the COG stays within the envelope?

By distributing the weight of passengers, cargo and fuel accordingly.

To ensure it’s specific, the plane’s final COG is calculated right before departure when the exact number of passengers (who are assigned an average weight), cargo weight and placement of these items, is known.

“It’s important that the aircraft’s centre of gravity is actually where we expected it to be from the calculations,” Morgan said, as minutes before departure, the information is sent to pilots in what is called a “load sheet”.

This is used by pilots to help determine the required thrust and speed for takeoff.

Ive had my home invaded by Sudanese and Somali criminals, whose culture doesn’t respect women. They (African males) are less inclined to follow rules, much the same as uneducated, white bogans.

The CC should’ve checked if she could move to the front of the aircraft where parents with babies are usually seated, because they have bassinets for children under 2. This FO could’ve been more understanding of a mother travelling with an infant. However, refusing to return to your seat when asked, is not on.

Last edited by Kylie walker; 16th Jul 2023 at 05:12.