PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yet Another DJ Near Miss
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2004, 10:21
pesawat_terbang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a couple of questions.

1. Why is it always DJ. Are they operating differently to QF???? I smell a rat and it isn't a white one.

2. The BASI report quotes the TB10 pilot as having the DJ in sight the whole time, the TB10 had an operating Txp (which pre-NAS it wouldn't have required), and the TB pilot was 'unconcerned'. Separation therefore was not an issue.

3. So why have the ATSB come to the conclusion, or should I say collusion, that this is a serious incident.

As for a review of NAS, well the ATSB ACTUALLY said:

"The ATSB investigation was of a single serious occurrence and does not provide the basis for a major change to the US-based NAS, which is yet to be fully implemented in Australia. However, based on the circumstances of this serious incident, the ATSB has recommended that CASA and Airservices Australia, in consultation with the NAS Implementation Group, review NAS procedures and communications requirements for operations in Class E airspace, particularly for Air Transport operations during climb and descent in non-radar airspace, with a view to enhancing pilots’ situational awareness."

Which is not a review of NAS, I eagerly await the CivilAir beatup of this.

PT

Sya pikir itu bohong besar!!!

Last edited by pesawat_terbang; 19th Jan 2004 at 10:32.