PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Classy KLM Captain
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2023, 10:42
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
Two examples of FD crew going above and beyond.

I lived in bermuda at the time and having had a summer holiday in New England (Bermuda in August is something like 90 F and 95 % humidity) arriving back at Kindley Field we are struggling off a DL tristar with all the paraphernalia you carry for 2 under fives. The Captain who was standing by the door at the top of the steps said you guys look like could do with hand and picked up our backpacks and other baggage. At the bottom of the steps he asked if we had hold baggage- we did including a strolelr which was not in the main hold, he knew where to look found it -opened it so baby could be pushed not carried and walked us the 30 yards to the terminal.

Another time at Washington Dulles I am on a continental flight to EWR to get back to Stockholm on SAS, very bad weather, thunderstorms. Tomorrow is my daughters birthday and I do not want to get stranded. Mention it to the cabin crew and she takes me up to the flight deck and I explain that i dont know whether to swap onto a later LH direct to Frankfurt and thence to ARN. Crew go through all the short term predictions for Dulles and then again for Newark and say -go get LH, he isn't going to be out of here any quicker but by the time we depart all these thunderstorm are going to be right over New York so we probablty wont get to go or will get diverted.

So a couple of guys putting a real human face on the backs of heads on the flight deck that the pax usually see