PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna business jet crash near French Valley Airport in Murrieta, California
Old 13th Jul 2023, 03:47
mnttech

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by B2N2
If a G430 can be installed and certified in a Pa28 to fly GPS approaches then so can another unit in a Citation II.
Can it, yes. Should it... Maybe.....
Just a small thought here, the PA28 is to Part 23, the 550 is to Part 25 per the TCDS. I have no idea what the difference in requirements are between the two certification basis is, nor do I want to go dig at this time of night.
Are you thinking the GPS display is behind the yoke in the above picture?
Other pictures on line show the turn and slip there.
My next thought would be what does the big fancy display show when the GPS is on the little 3 inch indicator? (assuming it is behind the top of the yoke)
What would the flight director be doing at that point? (hello miss leading data)
A quick check of the GTN TSO install manual shows that if "The autopilot can provide vertical guidance, fly a vertical coupled LPV approach"
Then we go into the long standing issue of the roll steering output for the AP.
My though was the 550 had a glass cockpit (duh, I know) and I was not sure that that age of glass would have ARINC labels 117/327 for vertical guidance as required for the approach.

While this is interesting to discuss, it may be a little of the cart in front of the horse