PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas International 2023 recruitment
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2023, 13:14
SnakeBite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Matty29
Hi all,

Got the second language email.

The email states that the majority of your roster will likely be where your second language is required.

I was wondering if anyone knows what a typical roster would look like if you have a second language. What percentage of your flights would be to the same destination? Obviously most of us would like some variety to our rosters, so I'm just weighing the pros and cons to doing the second language test.

The email also states that it's only after 2 years of service that you can elect to reduce this to 60% of your roster (still relatively high IMO).

Keen to hear everyone's thoughts on this, and if any existing QCCA crew can shed their experiences on this.

Thanks
Hello,

I hope you are well.

Did you get that email because your 2nd language was not on the first email and you had to select šOtherš which was my case and the second language I speak is on that list of the second email I got today.

Thank you for asking these questions but I would imagine it would really depend on what language it is. I cant imagine what QF routes a German language speaker has to operate 🌍🌎🌏.