PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2023, 10:55
Dannyboy39

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Going back to more relevant points, I’m glad this northern runway solution has found more traction.

Admittedly I live in North London and there are other easier airports within a shorter commute with equal / better / increased connectivity but I’ve really come to avoid LGW as an airport especially in the summer season. And even as I like the management and their attempts at investing and improving the airport as a destination to travel from.

easyJet’s scheduling really isn’t reliable. Clearly their aim is for a short turnaround time and high utilisation, but outside of the first wave of departures, a typical summer’s day is an absolute mess. A few years ago I was commuting weekly down to France for a 3 month period and forced to use LGW due to timings… it was a nightmare. Every Friday evening flights were often significantly delayed. I’d argue for an airline such as EZY (but not to exclusively single them out) you need to allow minimum 50 mins turnaround due to the inevitable delays and knock on effect of having such a constrained airport.