PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2023, 05:18
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sotonsean
Well that's a totally naive statement. 🤔

Those aircraft you are referring to in most cases will still have to fly in EU airspace on route to the UK. If an airline or aircraft are banned by the EU then overflights in EU airspace is prohibited. In most if not all cases that scenario would affect those aircraft entering UK air space.

Those unelected bureaucratics in Brussels are majority made up of "elected" Euro Members of Parliament.

Someone obviously is a brexiter. I myself am one too but I don't make outlandish and naive statements regarding the subject.

TAAG have only just *since 6th June infact been allowed to operate with designated own aircraft into Europe (Lisbon Madrid and Porto) through continue to use a European 330 on most flights

The formation of the so called banned list and regulation was modified from that date as follows

Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2023/1111 of 6 June 2023 amending Regulation (EC) No 474/2006 as regards the list of air carriers banned from operating or subject to operational restrictions within the Union (Text with EEA relevance)

All air carriers certified by the authorities with responsibility for regulatory oversight of Angola, with the exception of TAAG Angola Airlines and Heli Malongo,

This is news to me so an extension « maybe » on the cards however i know Paris has been muted rather than London (from someone i know in Carnaxide that works with them on import/export )