PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non-instructor Trial flights
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2004, 06:47
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its pretty standard BEagle. In fact some private owners groups have people listed on the insurance who can do the check rides.

There is not alot SRG can do about it because its not breaking any rules in the ANO. The pilots are all still within the legal currency limits they are only out on unoffical club regs. So as far as the rule book goes the other PPL is just a PAX. If the pilot owned there own plane they would have just of gone flying.

It is more of an insurance thing than anything else. I know my last full time instructors postion the schools insurance said that anyone was allowed to fly the plane with the permission of the CFI so he made the rules on who can do the check rides. I have seen other cover which has stated a 28day limit on PPL's and no limits on CPL holders and named pilots or FI's can carry out the check rides.

The local plane which has this cover the pilots listed 1 of them has a NPPL and 1000hrs and the other has PPL with 600 hours. All they did was send a photo copy of the last page of there log book and a copy of the front page of thier license. Having the 28day limit saved them 300 quid a year

In the 6 schools I have flown/ worked at in the UK its been SOP if there isn't a FI available. And 2 of those schools had CAAFU's as members who where present when a PPL-PPL check flight occured.

MJ

Last edited by mad_jock; 19th Jan 2004 at 07:25.