PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2023, 07:34
Kennytheking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whitemonk Returns
Two random Qs:

This BMI below 30 restriction... ill make sure ik under it for the interview but is this something im going to have to cut back under every year when i do my medical or is it like most things they don't care once you are through the door?

Applying for accommodation allowance, is this done on seniority or do you just lodge an application after you have joined and wait an indefinite amount of time to be given it? How long on average is the wait? Also if given the go ahead how long do you have to find a property to buy?

Cheers!
Once you are in, they keep an eye on the BMI but the extent of the monitoring is a function of age, blood pressure and lipid/sugar profile. BMI over 35 will lead to a lot of pressure from the company but otherwise it's just a minor PIA.

I'm not sure what the rules are for noew joiners but if you are in company accomodation, you have to buy before you request the opt out. Once you have the required documents(title deed, utility bill, etc) you apply online and it is approved in a day or two. You can elect to move as soon as you like.