PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CityFlyer driver jailed for dodgy logbook
Old 10th Jul 2023, 21:23
Fortissimo

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
THE FAKE REFERENCE - C was unable to get a reference from his previous Corporate Jet company he worked for as in their words, "he was not an employee, only a contractor". Therefore C wrote his own reference from his own company and signed it in someone else's name. The actual information was not false. Charge no. 4
Writing your own reference and signing it in someone else's name is, by any definition, fraudulent. "The actual information was not false" is valid only in the opinion of the person writing and signing the so-called reference. How would you feel if the person you have decided to employ for childcare or similar had used a self-written reference to convince you they were the right one for the job? What might they have omitted that would otherwise cast things in a very different light?

THE FAKE CERTIFICATE - C did a command course with his previous company. The certificate was lost and it was replicated to the best of his knowledge albeit the company and dates were wrong. Even though the core information was correct, eg he had passed a Command Course, because it was not the original document, it was fraud, even though he had completed a Command course. Charge 5
Correct, it was fraud again. I gained a 2:2 degree in economics at Oxford Brookes University in 1997 but I lost the certificate, so I replicated it to the best of my knowledge and managed to remember I achieved a 2:1 degree in PPE at Oxford in 1996. I had passed my degree, which is correct, but I just got the date and the university wrong. Nothing dodgy about it at all, and it would have been fine if I hadn't been grassed up.

Is it time for a discussion about integrity, honesty, trust, etc. before you find the chap doing your vasectomy gained his surgical qualifications with Kwik-Fit?