PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bankstown Light Aircraft Lane.
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2004, 05:48
2B1ASK1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Matt-YSBK

The general idea is to use the frequency that will give you the best situational awareness, as its a terminal area the VTC should be use for navigation and the frequency stated is 125.8 as it has always been. The new Sydney basin guide also states 125.8 so nothing has changed since NAS if you feel a position call would benefit you then do it, personally I have been using the lane most days for a number of years and have never made a position call I have answered the odd one but the odds of hitting anything are rare and no different since Nov 27th in my view.

Its true that you could fly up someone’s arse but don’t hold your breath you could fly up someone’s arse anywhere, before or after the 27th, just do your bit and have fun flying.

Personally I am a little disappointed that they removed the frequencies from the maps but a little bird has told me they may be putting them back on in a new format either way I can live with it.

Tinnstaffl I think you need to get the message its only parts of the industry that are making a fuss most of us are just getting on with it and CASA are not the people responsible for the frequency changes.