PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nepotism in pilot selection
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2023, 08:39
zen krempie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BraceBrace
Safety pilot? With all respect, safety pilots are there for safety, not for training. It is not a training function.

Pilots who fail a TR are not a headache to the company. They are a possibility that requires retraining, and it happens more frequently than you think. In a training function there is usually a confidentiality clause so we don't talk about it for the EXACT reason like these forums that contain too much rumours and hearsay. Many people have opinions, but hardly have an idea of what actually happened.
You must work for a very nice airline with humanitarian approach towards the employees.
I don't want to name, the two occasions I mentioned were ditched from big EU airlines with good reputation
I know them in person so they told me what happened, they couldn't manage the complexity and the handling of a big airliner in time given. One explained me that he was so focused on learning the systems and didn't have the time to prepare for sim flights
Airlines are after efficiency, in pilot selection that means selecting pilots for whom they won't waste more money and time that needed for the majority of the pilots.
In that aspect, is safer to have pilots that already know how to fly big jets. 0 hours on big planes pilots might manage too but chances are worse
If an airline can afford this is fine!
I am asking you again, why do you think Wizz stopped accepting prop captains for DEC positions?