PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2023, 22:59
LGS6753

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts
I absolutely get the 'future performance' aspect, but surely the city gamblers understand that Meeson has a team around him, including from a Jet2 perspective the likes of Steve Heapy. They aren't a one trick pony and in the same way neither is O'Leary at Ryanair or the CEO of Tesco.

The future performance issue that should be worrying shareholders in any business selling expensive products to the UK public at present is the mushrooming cost of living crisis, sooner or later the customer's credit cards will be maxed out and foreign holidays and weekend breaks could become unaffordable for many.
I can assure you that institutional investors are not "city gamblers". There are reams of research on the largest quoted companies, and a great deal of detailed analysis is behind the decisions made by professional investors.
Something often missed by outsiders is the influence the man at the top can exercise. It is he (or she) who will determine the culture of the organisation, its priorities, and ultimately its success or failure. A competent deputy is not always a good leader, and often a new appointee will want to make his mark - usually by changing something. Traders are right to be nervous about the departure after a long period of a successful principal.
I have the greatest respect for Jet2, and hope it continues to prosper under its new leadership