PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2023, 20:10
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LTNman let me refresh your mind.
Did I criticise free travel for certain categories of people? No, seeing that I am entitled to free Dart travel and regularly use it.

The write-off of £187m was based on a 40 year time period at a then cost of £268m and not the £309m it actually cost. Don’t forget that the Dart has substantial yearly costs including staff, energy, maintenance, and interest payments.

As for the Labour Party in Luton. They have been placed in Special Measures by the Labour Party’s NEC due to fractional infighting for the last 2 years. One of the Labour Councillors, who is a barrister, was deselected for whistle blowing after exposing the alleged illegal activities of the planning committee in their decision making. Let’s remember who has approved Luton Airport planning applications up until now.

The great goal of the Council is to end poverty by 2040 yet LRT has spent half a billion pounds and has yet to creat a single job apart from those at LRT. Now if that money had been invested into the town maybe poverty could have been ended years earlier?

Last edited by LTNman; 7th Jul 2023 at 20:50.