PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPRB 2023
Thread: AFPRB 2023
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2023, 17:59
Jambo Jet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Link

Originally Posted by BobbyJordan
Junior doctors call off strike after new offer in Scotland. See the BBC for details……

So, it seems the Armed Forces are going to get a pay award less than the AFPRB recommendation.

However, junior doctors in Scotland at least will be appeased with a 4.5% award for last year and an award of 12.4% for this year. As well as a guaranteed inflation matching award for the next 2 years. NHS England will surely match this offer to end industrial action south of the border.

So, I wonder how well received the PMs pay deal will be for us? And how valued we will all feel in the coming weeks.

interesting times !
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-66136659

The reason that the pay awards are to be kept below inflation is to combat inflation. However when we are discussing the NHS all bets are off.

It will be interesting to see how this discrepancy will be explained away, although no doubt the Scottish government will be blamed. What will Westminster do to appease Jnr Doctors in England ?

It is a shame that those who have no say in the pay award they are given and cannot do anything about it will suffer as SP surely can expect to here.

I am guessing this won’t do anything to bolster retention and I can envisage some hard times ahead for the services.

Interesting and worrying times, I agree.

Last edited by Jambo Jet; 7th Jul 2023 at 18:30. Reason: Typo