PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BristolGS reviews request
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2023, 13:02
Concorde88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much for your answers. Really appreciated it.

Originally Posted by paco
KSA stands for Knowledge, Skills & Attitude. It's a half assed idea that the schools certify that you are "fit to be a pilot", whatever that means, so whenever you reach your airline you are allegedly warm and fuzzy, but it opens up a whole legal minefield, especially as some schools don't have staff qualified for such assessments. Luckily, I'm a CRMI..

I've never agreed with it, it's an unnecessary burden on a small school and should be done by the airlines anyway (if they want particular candidates, they should select them). There was great hilarity at the KSA meeting in Koln when I said that we teach our pilots to be anti-authority Our KSA assessment is done over the consolidation periods, together with timely paperwork.

To answer the OP, BGS is one of the best choices.

Can you give me some examples of how you test this during periods of consolidation? You do exercises"? If yes, what kind of exercises?

My main concern is the fact that while I consider myself a fluent English speaker, I am not a native speaker and I don't speak it regularly (I listen, write and read every day, but I rarely speak it). So if I'm being evaluated in a group full of native speakers (this will naturally set the standard) it might be a "problem".