PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training test pilots on Concorde seemed to be lacking . . . Concordes
Old 7th Jul 2023, 12:49
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Key Aero mention subscription but allow this read. They seem quite good despite the colours! It's 'by' Alan Smith but late last night it left me not quite sure who was that last remaining pilot. I looked a couple of times but wasn't quite sure. I'll look again tonight for remaining Concorde trainers.

I was with British Eagle when doing the training at T-Side. Fun days because SO much learning was going on despite who they were. Our BAC man used to appear in a 1-11 ready to train our senior staff. I begged the tiny seat behind the captain a few times and showed so keen that the 4,600 hour requirement for a FO was suddenly reduced to 1,400. They were FUN days. Oh, the training guy. We'd ask where his co pilot was. He was quite obviously invisible because he never showed his face. Fun job at BAC. Sports Jacket and ATC straight-lining the pilot and his invisible crew onto the nearest centreline of LHR. Only woosies worry about tailwinds.

In some bit of unused sky, somebody asked if one could reset the fire handle. "Of course". In out in out in out. Tail wagging like @$^6 Three jaws hanging open. I wondered who'd pay if bits sprayed out of the back of the engine, but I was there on the basis I kept my junior lip buttoned.

Cont.