PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas International 2023 recruitment
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2023, 18:52
benniel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No news is good news! Your application on workday is still in progress! Please hang on there. We all understand how anxious it was while waiting. Life goes on. Please take care of yourself and do not let anxiety overwhelm you. As others mentioned, there will be ground schools coming up by the end of the year. My personal experience is I have to reapply and pay all the associated fees when I requested to defer my ground school last year. It was disheartening when I saw my application been withdrawn on workday. Please wait patiently for the call and life goes on.
Originally Posted by ChasingDreams
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum, I have been in the recruitment process for Qantas International Cabin Crew since Feb 2022 (17 months today),
I have been to the assessment center, completed all the medical tests and security clearances, completed all of the required certificate courses, and I was advised that I was in the "active hold pool" with everything that they required completed back in February of this year 2023.
2 days ago, I received a phone call from a member of the Talent Acquisition Team, asking me to re-complete my CPR and First Aid certificates, even though they are still current, they need to have a minimum of 12 months validity for First Aid and 6 months for CPR.
I was asked to email these through as soon as I had completed them and was advised that I will be going to ground school in mid-August, and that they would call me again later this week or early next week with further details, after they received my new certificates.

I have today emailed my new certificates, but I am concerned that the mobile number that called me 2 days ago just goes straight through to voice mail, I sent a text message yesterday advising that I was enrolled for the courses and attending them that day, which was delivered but I did not get a reply. I know that we are not given phone numbers on purpose, and you have to wait until you get that phone call from them, but in my shock and excitement to receive the phone call, there were so many questions that I had that I didn't get to ask.
I sent another text message today; it does not show that it has been "delivered" so I am a little concerned now.

Can anyone advise what happens after that first initial phone call? is there a second follow up phone call? I have not received any emails from them, and my Qantas Workday still shows that my application is in progress - with no tasks to complete. I have never worked for Qantas before, and I have not worked as a flight attendant previously for any other airline, so this is all very new to me. I am just hoping that someone can provide me some reassurance that all will be fine from here and that I am nearly at the finish line? 17months is such a long time to put my life on hold, and I still have not been given any guarantees as yet that I will actually be going to going to ground school. I will be very disappointed if this has all been for nothing in the end if it doesn't happen, as I have not only put my heart and soul into this process, I am also extremely out of pocket.