PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another weather related ? Crash in North Queensland
Old 6th Jul 2023, 06:40
43Inches

Received 425 Likes on 233 Posts
If someone wants to go and be reckless in an aeroplane whilst ignoring every regulation in the books and any sense of airmanship, they should at least have the decency to not put others at risk whilst engaging in that behaviour.
That is exactly what makes them the same as the joyrider. They don't go out of their way to crash, they push the limits because they know better than everyone else. I know my plane, my car, my boat, etc etc etc... If he knew he was endangering the others on board he probably would not have gone. Its the attitude that you know what you are doing and can handle it that gets you into trouble when you don't have the training or real knowledge of what is going on. Of course it all goes fine until finally it doesn't. Unfortunately this trait can go life long, if you survive the bad days, and is not limited to teens. I've seen it in older pilots in their 50s, especially self made businessmen, they feel they can handle anything once they are taught the basics.
The following users liked this post: