PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Next head of NATO
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2023, 20:13
Diff Tail Shim

Received 139 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Finningley Boy
What's more interesting, or disappointing here, is the very clear emnity toward the UK by Joe Biden. He's going around the houses to get Von der Leyen to take on the NATO Secretary General appointment despite the obvious difference in her's and Wallace's respective qualifications. As for Macron's notion that the NATO head should be from an EU country is simply supporting further division within NATO. Given the fact that Norway is in fact not an EU country, it only has a Free Trade Association, does that mean he thinks Jen Stoltenberg shouldn't even have been appointed?

FB
Ben Wallaces qualification? A ceremonial infantry SO2 that became head of a government department that he has destroyed with his incompetence. NATO head needs to be a top diplomat. Has always been the case. People like George Robertson whom I.do.believe was greatly respected in that role. My opinion as a 25 year time served SNCO, not a short service commission. Edited. Sorry. He made Captain. So no higher than the not to be SENgO Steve Baker whom many of my friends do not have a good word for.

Last edited by Diff Tail Shim; 5th Jul 2023 at 21:16.
The following 3 users liked this post by Diff Tail Shim: