PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-4
Thread: Stansted-4
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2023, 22:22
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new extension will host a bigger departure lounge, extended immigration and baggage reclaim and the shoreline check-in completed along the front. The domestic arrivals reclaim I guess will give way to the expanded security area and move into the extension. There was a plan some years back I recall that they'd do away with the domestic passenger route and instead all domestic arrivals be bussed, making Satellite 2 a full length international pier. Those that don't know, the domestic lounge (Gates 80-88) in Satellite 2 is actually on the arrivals level of the building. The departures level up in the green glass area above is dead space. If they're building a split level skylink they'd surely have to do something with that space as it would be impossible to get to the main level international (Gates 20-39) without the TTS. Not to mention it's also by far the shoddiest part of the airport. I agree also with the earlier comments about the ceiling in the main terminal, it's been in dire need of deep cleaning for years. You can see on the forecourt where it's much cleaner as part of it was replaced following that unfortuneate incident with the bus fire a few years back. The whole terminal in general needs a good spruce up, it's miserably old and dreary nevermind hatefully overcrowded. Certainly not what Norman Foster originally designed. Hopefully this is the investment it finally needs.