PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baltic Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2023, 11:05
BAA Training

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NOVAA
Lledapilot & Warlock1
Thank you guys for response !
I am definitely looking for other ATO. I contacted BAA about one year ago- and sure I am read all reviews! I've been constantly contacted by Ad-Initio Project Manager - very actively by the end of the year /beginning of this year. I did ask a questions and quoted some of the reviews from this trend. Interested what I got in response :

1. More planes been add to Lleida base - Tecnams and brand new C172 in addition to already 8 aircrafts up there. There is a plenty of aircrafts available and student- to-aircraft ratio no more than 5 to 1 ...
2. Sure we do aircraft maintenance at base in Lleda ! There was an some small issues with aircraft maintenance before - but we fixed everything!
3. We have a plenty of highly qualified instructors and we keeped at the student-to-instructor ratio of no more than 6 to 1...
4. Weather delays are minimum.
5. All students on time for program completion except those who lazy and not concentrating on study and flying.
6. Accommodations in Lleda is very affordable and you'll have a plenty to choose from...

As I can see they are lying about everything... I hope some of the students(or pilots) who is in Lleda now can posted honest report on what is going on upthere - so new guys not getting burn...
Aircraft

Regarding our flight school fleet, BAA Training currently operates a fleet of 7 single-engine Cessna 172S aircraft, of which two are undergoing extended maintenance. Additionally, we currently have 1 own Tecnam 2006 MEP and 1 rented one, bringing the total to 2. According to our plans, we will be increasing our C172S fleet during 2023 and 2024.

Maintenance

We would like to emphasize that BAA Training operates its own Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) organization called Avia Repair Co, situated at Lleida International Airport, alongside our flight school facility.

Avia Repair Co specializes in high-quality maintenance activities, encompassing routine or pre-planned maintenance that is typically scheduled based on factors such as flight hours since the last maintenance check, the number of cycles, or the age of the aircraft. Additionally, the organization carries out ad-hoc maintenance tasks.

Regrettably, our maintenance capability was temporarily disrupted as a result of the aforementioned storm. However, we are pleased to inform you that since the end of February, our maintenance hangar is fully operational and functioning smoothly.

While it is true that we experienced flight cancellations due to technical issues, it is important to note that these decisions were made in adherence to safety protocols and to allow sufficient time for a comprehensive analysis of the situation. We prioritize the safety of our operations and ensure that necessary repairs are carried out effectively.

It is worth mentioning that the establishment of Avia Repair Co a couple of years ago did not introduce an entirely unfamiliar business field for BAA Training. As a member of the Avia Solutions Group (ASG), the parent company of BAA Training, we were already part of a group that operated twelve MRO organizations. This affiliation provides us with trusted resources, enabling knowledge sharing and robust spare parts supply support.

Furthermore, we have established partnerships with several MRO organizations that assist us in performing more complex maintenance tasks when necessary. These collaborations bolster our capabilities and allow us to deliver comprehensive maintenance solutions.

Instructors

The presence of active instructors at our Lleida base is influenced by several factors, including student enrollment and overall training demand. Consequently, instructor availability may vary depending on the season.

All of our ground and flight school instructors possess extensive qualifications, with a minimum educational background of a Bachelor's/Master's degree or even a Ph.D. Many of them bring diverse experiences to the table, having served as military pilots, air traffic controllers, Captains, glider pilots, and skydivers from a range of countries, including Lithuania, France, Portugal, Serbia, Spain, Latvia, and more.

We take pride in our instructors' high level of expertise and their ability to impart their knowledge and practical insights to our students. Their varied backgrounds and wealth of experience contribute to a rich and diverse learning environment that prepares students for a successful career in aviation.

As Lleida typically has mild winters, comfortable spring and autumn seasons, and warm but dry summers, students can expect a suitable climate for their training activities. Occassional unfavorable weather conditions, such as fog, are the most common reasons for flight cancellations. These conditions can be challenging to forecast and beyond our control. Additionally, cancellations may occur due to technical issues or identified maintenance requirements. We strongly encourage students to participate in briefings to gain insight into the reasons behind flight cancellations, as this is considered an integral part of the learning journey.

Program completion

It is challenging to provide a definitive timeline for when a student will complete the program. However, on average, our students complete both ground school and flight school in 18 months when training in-class and 20 months when training remotely. It's important to note that some deviations are occasionally unavoidable, and there are cases where students may complete classroom-based training in 20 months. However, we are proud to announce that recently we have been surpassing our own records, with some students completing the program in just 17-17.5 months.

Based on recent statistics, our student employment rate stands at 87%.

Accommodation

There are both campus accommodation options and hotels nearby to fit everyone's preferences and budget. Below are some examples:

· Campus University Residency of Lleida

· La Vila de Lleida Campus University

· Ibis Hotel

· Nastasi Hotel