PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Headset?
Thread: Headset?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2023, 08:23
Jhieminga

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
flyme, I don't know any of those three options but have had a quick look at the various websites. What struck me is that they are all DC H10-13.4 clones. In a way that shows how good the original model was and is. I have used a headset like that for a couple of years (can't remember the brand now) and bought a DC H10-13X afterwards. From that experience I would say: you get what you pay for. Overall, the quality of the small details on the DC meant that it had a better passive noise reduction, due to the sealing on all the small holes and fittings on the earcups, and the electronics were better, providing a better, cleaner sound. The better headsets also come with better microphones. I have also tried the Bose A20 and although I prefer the DC, the quality on that is really good as well. If you're in a noisy cockpit, my suggestion would be to invest in a decent headset. You can replace the aircraft, you cannot replace your hearing.
By the way, you could also look into a replacement mike for your DC, they are pretty good with spares support. Or contact them and see if they can advise you on what mic would work best for your intercom.