PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job prospects after modular ATPL (UK)? Loan or secure a job?
Old 3rd Jul 2023, 00:03
Peter Ahonsi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go to university and go Modular

I recommend going to university, if you can study a degree which doesn’t relate to aviation directly. But ensure you at least have some interest in it. Some would argue university is a waste of money and do a trade job, however I think it gives you more options job wise personally.

I recommend Modular ( pay as you go) for each rating. Get your class 1 medical first before paying for any training. NEVER pay large amounts upfront for training.

I personally did a MSc in Building Surveying and i am currently working as a Project Manager in construction to help fund my training. I also work two delivery jobs on the side. I got my ppl via the modular route and i am hour building on the weekends.

It is a long hard road and sometimes you question yourself, however keep at it and just remember others have been in your position who went modular and made the dream come true. It might take several years however patience and perseverance is key.

Safe skies Captain.