PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Direct Entry Pilot
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2023, 22:07
White Van Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Publiuss
Hi All,
I am just wondering how long it would take to be a Captain for a newly hired experienced F/O (with more than 5000 hours of Airbus experience and currently flying as a Captain with relatively fewer PIC hours) at BA? Does the experience matter or is it all about seniority? One of my colleagues was Captain for my airline and after he was hired by United in the U.S., he was able to be upgraded to Captain again after 18-20 months. Would this be the case for the BA? Thanks in advance.
this paragraph is wrong, the results were run again recently which I hadn't known when I wrote it. I'm not sure where Percula got that info from but it doesn't match mine. I joined in 2018, and would have just had seniority for an A320 command later this year. So that's around 5 years.

the opportunity to undergo a command course is strict seniority (presuming you meet the experience and license requirements - which a new FO will do by the time they get 5 years in).
Your previous command experience, while valuable, is not a factor in determining when you would get a command at ba.

Last edited by White Van Driver; 3rd Jul 2023 at 15:53. Reason: Turns out i was wrong