PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job prospects after modular ATPL (UK)? Loan or secure a job?
Old 2nd Jul 2023, 21:57
alexeyAP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VariablePitchP,
do your parents have a spare £100K in the bank, or are willing to remortgage the home to get access to the £100K
Frankly no, and nor would I want to put the financial strain on my family to advance my own career interests.

If it were me in that case, Modular alongside work 100% of the time.
Is there a disadvantage to working, saving on the side, then doing modular full time? The way I see it I would rather be devoted to one thing at a time (plus the ~4.5% interest is nice too )

​​​​​​​Integrated schools are very good at advertising, having been on this site I guarantee your instagram and Facebook feeds will be littered with adverts from CAE, L3 etc with models in their gleaming white Pilot shirts with good braid up to their eyeballs. It’s all spin. Finish the training and all that matters is that piece of paper.
Unfortunately you're right, all it took was one search for "integrated vs modular" and suddenly I'm up to my neck in adverts that look like something you could find in an episode of Mr Bean. Especially nowadays with many ATOs having good links to the airlines (see ManFlex above) is there any advantage whatsoever to doing it integrated? Genuinely interested as for 2x the price it doesn't seem like a lot of bang for the buck.

​​​​​​​Do uni though, best three years of your life, the life experiences will be incredibly useful, not just for the training, but your life generally.
That's the plan. Even better, uni's free in Scotland, so no debt as far as that's concerned. As I mentioned in a reply above (if it went through) there's also the university air squadrons which I think are good aviation experience while studying.

Cheers for the help, means a lot.

Last edited by alexeyAP; 5th Jul 2023 at 21:33.